From: Marat Khalili (0x8.0p15_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-21 05:07:02
Gunter Winkler wrote:
> Did you experience any side effects? After a quick look it should be
> possible to apply the patch without breaking old code.
I cannot run even standard uBLAS tests right now because my distribution
is stripped of them and I don't have bandwidth to re-download. Neither I
do have any other compiler. There're no problems with the initial test
and, again, with cygwin gcc 3.4.4. The patch can break something:
1) if some other user-defined type is being used (itself not in 'std',
but 'abs' etc for it defined in 'std' as a workaround)
2) if the compiler is outdated (like Microsoft VC6)
Both cases can be true for some people out there. Should there be yet
another conditional macro? (with the default value of?)
I grepped ublas directory a bit, problems can also arise:
1) with 'ZeroElement', 'OneElement' in "ublas/detail/concepts.hpp";
2) (?) with 'vector_scalar_unary_traits', 'vector_scalar_binary_traits'
3) with 'std::numeric_limits' when 'BOOST_UBLAS_TYPE_CHECK' is on.
With Best Regards,