Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Peter Schmitteckert (peter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-09 15:06:59

Salut,

Jesse Manning wrote:
> is there a reason you are using the dynamic library (.so) files? I have
> only used the static (.a) files for linking with ATLAS/LAPACK on linux. On
> the ATLAS FAQ page they mention people have linked with .so files, but it is
> not supported by the ATLAS dev team. I would try using the static libraries
> and linking the same way as I mentioned above to see if that gets you any
> further.

the .so file usually wok fine.
The problem is the a missing link, since there no *.so files:

>> thank you for your help. if i follow your advice, i don't link to the
>> atlas related libraries. is this meant to?
>>
>> ./usr/lib/libcblas.so.3
>> ./usr/lib/libcblas.so.3.0
>>
>> ./usr/lib/atlas/libblas.so.3.0
>> ./usr/lib/atlas/libblas.so.3
>>
>> ./usr/lib/liblapack_atlas.so.3.0
>> ./usr/lib/liblapack_atlas.so.3
>>
>> ./usr/lib/atlas/liblapack.so.3.0
>> ./usr/lib/atlas/liblapack.so.3
>>
>> ./usr/lib/libatlas.so.3.0
>> ./usr/lib/libatlas.so.3
>>
>> ./usr/lib/libf77blas.so.3.0
>> ./usr/lib/libf77blas.so.3
>>
>> moreoever, i still have some linking problems:

add a link in usr/lib/atlas:

ln -s /usr/lib/atlas/liblapack.so.3 /usr/lib/atlas/liblapack.so
ln -s /usr/lib/atlas/libblas.so.3 /usr/lib/atlas/libblas.so

They are often missing, I don't know why.

Best regards,
Peter

Dr. Peter Schmitteckert                                 Center for Functional Nanostructures
Institut für Theorie der Kondensierten Materie          Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Universität Karlsruhe
Wolfgang-Gaede Str. 1
D-76128 Karlsruhe