Boost logo

Ublas :

From: nisha kannookadan (nishak44_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 10:43:47

Hi all

I wrote a program in C++ with Boost and have the same program in Matlab.
The C++ is much faster for lil matrices (n=32) and vectors until the size around 250000,
but for bigger ones the program is bit slower than Matlab.
What I use in the program are ublas matrices, vectors
and some lil operations like solve, norm1, norm2, norm_inf and subrange
and subslice.
Can anybody tell me the reason, why Matlab get faster, the bigger the program gets?
The program is huge, so I cant post it here.
Is there some general comparison between C++/Boost and
Matlab.

Thanks a lot

Nisha K