Boost logo

Ublas :

From: nisha kannookadan (nishak44_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 15:49:52

Hi

The feedback was real helpful.

> As others members of this list have suggested, you can use the BLAS
> bindings of ublas to link an optimized version of BLAS like ATLAS,
> gotoblas, Intel MKL, AMD ACML, etc.

As far I understood are bindings only useful for things like computation
of the eigenvalue etc, but for the basic things like I do, its not helpful.
For me, its not clear, how to use this bindings and were to find it.

> Another solution is to use sparse storage, if your matrix sparse.
> According to my experience with ublas and linear solvers, sparse storage
> may be faster than dense storage even for small sizes (n=20) and low
> percentage of non-zeros (60%). In my simulation software based on ublas,
> sparse computations run 10-100 times faster than Matlab sparse
> computations.

I tried to use sparse matrix, but it made it for some reason even slower, so
I discarded it. ANd I guess the vectors are the problem, which are quite full
anyways.

Thank you so much
Nisha K