Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-26 15:52:28

Am Freitag, 25. Januar 2008 22:37 schrieb nisha kannookadan:
> Hi everybody
>
> I gotta a question according to memory.
> My program needs to make matrices of the size of (127^5)*127, so
> quiet big ones, but as you can think, I get std::bad_alloc complains.
> Is there a way to solve this problem or are the ublas matrices
> restricted to a size?

There is only one restriction: size1 * size2 has to fit into the size_t
type. Thus you need at least a 64-Bit machine to address all matrix
entries.

BTW: What are you going to do with such a large matrix? If you plan to
do linear algebra you should use sophisticated compression
techniques ...

mfg
Gunter