Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-12 05:52:10

Hello Jesse,

I'm building und testing [boost][numeric][bindings] on some different platforms, with different blas and lapack libraries. This is an ongoing effort to improve the regression tests of the [boost][numeric][bindings] library that is not yet finished and will not be finished soon.

I have tested on Win32 (XP) with clapack-3.1.1 (http://www.netlib.org/clapack/LIB_WINDOWS/prebuilt_libraries_windows.html) and MKL 10.0.x. on VC8 and VC9. I have to use the linker option "/NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCMT" and "/NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCMTD" in order to avoid link problems when I use clapack. I use "mkl_intel_c_dll.lib", "mkl_core_dll.lib" and "mkl_sequential_dll.lib" as linker input file in case of MKL. This works fine for me and is orders of magnitude faster than clapack.

Testing with ATLAS on win32 is still on my "ToDo" list, but I tested it on linux32 and linux64 and it worked fine.

Conclusion: Both clapack and MKL should work fine on Win32 (XP). I can't tell whether they will also work fine on Vista.

Question: is "ipo: error #11035: ..." a linker error? Or is it a runtime error or even a compile error?

> At this point I am willing to accept whatever linear algebra library has the easiest installation steps for this environment.

Then you should probably start with clapack (note that the above link points to prebuild libraries), but try to move on to something more efficient (like MKL) when you feel comfortable enough.

Regards,
Thomas