Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-12 11:03:52

> Would you say that clapack is the most fully bound for the "basic"
unstructured, dense routines with lots of function overloading?

I think there is some confusion about clapack here. When I refer to
clapack, I just mean the f2c'ed version of lapack that is distributed by
netlib (They do this because it is easier to build and link against than
the fortran version, especially on Windows). When you have MKL up and
running, you don't need this library anymore.

There is also a clapack header in [boost][numeric][bindings] that is
part of the ATLAS bindings. ATLAS supports both column-major and
row-major storage for a subset of lapack routines, and calls these
routines clapack. The clapack header is the binding against this part of
ATLAS.

> * From what I can tell, the lapack bindings don't support the
"getrf/getri" LAPACK functions.
> Am I missing something here?

Definitely. The bindings for getrf/getrs/getri are in gesv.hpp. But your
question means that you are probably also missing the bindings
documentation, which is under libs/numeric/bindings/doc.

> I also don't see bindings to cholesky as well.

potrf/potrs/potri can be found in posv.hpp (po stand for positive
definite) and pptrf/pptrs/pptri can be found in ppsv.hpp (pp stands for
positive definite in packed storage).

Hope that helps.