Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 07:22:14

> One possibility that should please everyone is to have both names,
but
> in the complex case the symmetric function name might not exist (since

> it mathematically does not make sense) or mean someting else than its
> Hermitian brother.

I agree.

However, I don't know how to completely eliminate the symmetric function
name in the complex case, so I use BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT to forbid its
use:

#ifndef BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_NO_STRUCTURE_CHECK
      typedef typename A::value_type
value_type ;
      typedef typename traits::type_traits< value_type >::real_type
real_type ;
      BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT((boost::is_same<value_type,
real_type>::value));
#endif