Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Rob McDonald (ramcdona_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-20 22:32:00

Rob McDonald wrote:
> Then of course, there is the 2nd part of my original question:
>
> > Rob said:
> > After I get that working, I have another similar challenge...
> >
> > I would like to be able to assign one of these vectors with a comma
> > delimited list. This is currently done in Blitz++, and I am migrating
> > some code from Blitz to boost::ublas.
> >
> > So, I want to be able to do this....
> >
> > vect v;
> > v = 1.2, 3.5, 7.8;
>
> Does anyone know how to set up this slick assignment command?

Well, further reading and pondering finds a decent discussion in the
boost::assignment library pointed to by Leon (thanks).

I think it would be possible to use that library to extend ublas to
perform assignment with the above blitz-like syntax. In fact, the
bootst::assignment library cites blitz as one source of inspiration.

I think this is beyond my skills and motivation at this time, but I
think it would be a good addition to ublas.

Thanks all,

Rob