Boost logo

Ublas :

From: craven (hauke.heibel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-25 03:49:06

Hi there,

I have a quick question and would really appreciate if somebody could shed
some light on the issue.

While compiling one of my unit tests, I realized that besides my executable
also a static lib and an exports lib file were created. Some of you may
regard this as an IDE and not uBlas or Lapack bindings specific problem but
this strange behavior vanishes as soon as I remove the calls to the Lapack
bindings.

To reproduce the issue I will quickly describe what I've been doing so far:

1.) Created an empty console application under VS.Net 8.0.50727.762. No
precompiled headers no nothing - just a plain console project.

2.) I added the following main.cpp to the project

#define BIND_FORTRAN_LOWERCASE_UNDERSCORE

#include <boost/numeric/bindings/traits/ublas_matrix.hpp>
#include <boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/lapack.hpp>

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
  boost::numeric::ublas::matrix<double> a;
  boost::numeric::ublas::vector<double> s;
  boost::numeric::bindings::lapack::gesvd(a, s);
}

3.) After setting the proper linker parameters (all the lapack realted
libs), I just compiled.

I know, that the program does nothing. I removed everything that is not of
interest. The result of the compilation is:

a) test.exe
b) test.lib
c) test.exp, test.pdb, test.ilk

I have no clue why the .exp and the .lib files are created. They are
useless.

So finally my question. Am I overseeing some pragma directive in the boost
code that might cause this strange behavior or would is it an IDE bug I am
experiencing?

Any help is aprreciated...

Regards,
Hauke