Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Snapshot 20081116
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-25 13:06:43

> * creates a function_name.hpp for each type-overloaded function, needs
some
> more work in passing by reference etc., but that's kind of trivial

Don't forget "traits::complex_f", "traits::complex_d" and
"traits::complex_ptr(.)".

> We could add some logic and python-template-C++-template code to have
nearly
> full automated generation of all of LAPACK in the bindings.
Eventually, if
> really needed, custom pieces for each function could be merged by the
> script as well.

Cool. I only had the goal to generate the tedious boilerplate-code, but
I don't want to stop you. I also think I know where you want to go.
Instead of editing the output of the script by hand, you want to have
some control template as input for the script that directs the script to
generate output that don't need further editing.

> I'm curious to hear what you guys think!

Nice work!