Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] Workspaces
From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-11 02:44:01

Hi all,

The introduction of the workspace function was meant to create a common
interface (same number of arguments) between real and complex valued
versions of LAPACK routines and different workspace options (choice
between memory savings or fast execution or user defined workspaces).
For integer workspaces this was never an issue, since the routines that
were supported that time did not have integer workspaces. This is
missing and should be added. This means that the introduction of a
workspace3 should be considered.

When I introduced the 3 workspace options, I was not fully satisfied
myself with the workspace2 function for the complex case, but I did not
see a more elegant way that time. If someone has a more user friendly
idea, this is very welcome of course.

Best regards,

Karl