Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] Documentation system?
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-05 12:00:45

Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> >
> > Yes (sorry...), the infamous boostbook / quickbook format.
> >

> Ok, I didn't expect it to be this horrific :-) -- I spent an hour in
getting
> a clean Boostified HTML doc generated out of a qbk. Do you know if it
is
> possible to work with quickbook in a more standalone way? I.e.,
without
> needing a reference to a full BOOST_ROOT and the requirement of bjam?

According to
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted
the chain is QuickBook -> BoostBook -> DocBook -> HTML

According to the documentation of QuickBook
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/doc/html/quickbook.html
you will need Boost.Build, hence bjam. However, this documentation might
be obsolete. There is an effort going on to provide convenient cmake
support for boost. I will ask on the cmake-mailing list whether they
succeeded in using QuickBook without going throught the Boost.Build
framework.

sorry again...

Regards,
Thomas