Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings][traits] is_vector, is_matrix
From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-11 04:49:13

Rutger,

I am not always in favour of common names for different operations on
the bindings level.

Similarly, one could argue whether it is a good idea to have a function
eig(), e.g. for unsymmetric and symmetric matrices, since their
interface looks the same, but it is not the same (think of complex or
real eigenvalues). using the same names for everything suggests the user
not to think any longer about what he is doing (like in matlab). (I
actually have a function eig() for all types of eigenvalue problems in
my lapack toolbox, but I might change that at some point for this reason.)

Best,

Karl