Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings][traits] matrix_traits
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-15 05:40:40

Karl Meerbergen wrote:
> Rutger,
>
> Be careful with changes in the traits: other bindings code might have to
> be modified.
> Adding triangular_t and triangular_packed_t is a good suggestion.
>
> I do not think unitary, orthogonal and positive definite properties can
> be considered as structural properties. Those form a third category,
> e.g. matrix_math_property.
>
> Karl

Thanks for the reply. Would it be possible to fit sparse matrices in this as
well (specializing matrix_storage)? I've got another question regarding the
traits, why

template< typename T >
some_traits<T>: some_detail_traits<T, metafunc<T> > {
};

with

template< typename T, typename S >
some_detail_traits {
    T identifier_type;
    S some_type;
};

instead of

template< typename T >
some_traits<T> {
    typedef T identifier_type;
    typedef typename metafunc<T> some_type;
};

? (and wouldn't boost::remove_cv be a better choice than
boost::remove_const?)

Thanks,

Rutger