Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Project using ublas and the lapack bindings
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-22 13:19:45

Jesse Perla wrote:

> - All of these seem to be generated by the bindings right now, I
> haven't tested all of them yet.
> - Do you think it is plausible to get those ones working fairly well in
> the next 3 weeks or so?
> - Do you think the interfaces for these ones will be fairly stable?
> - Within the bounds of my competence, anything I can do to help other
> than testing?

Dear Jesse,

getting these low-level routines working will probably be realistic.

The interface is a somewhat more difficult issue. It is also something you
could help us with, e.g., by proposing high-level function names;
associated argument keywords, what's optional/required, how they address
the low-level routines, etc.. I think a high-level interface is easier to
keep stable than the low-level stuff. I am willing to help with a timely
implementation of these high-level functions.

If you're looking for numeric bindings that primarily have a stable
interface, please check the non-development numeric_bindings-v1 in the
sandbox. However, I'm not sure if it supports all the routines you
mentioned.

Thanks,

Rutger