Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] question about the atlas and
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-31 19:01:17

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Kaveh Kohan <kaveh.kohan_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> libraries folder. My question is that the boost library installed in my
> machine does not have binding folder. How can I get it? should I do
> something like this: svn checkout
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings-v1/libs/numeric/bindings/
> but after this, do I need to compile it to make libraries or it is not
> necessary?

The library is header only, so you should make sure to get the headers as
well. Do an svn checkout on:
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings-v1/

You shouldn't need to worry about the libs folder. You will want to merge
the "boost" subdirectory of this with the location of your boost headers so
that it matches up with numeric, etc. and the includes of where the headers
are in the sample code. After that, you should be in business and don't
need to do any building of the libs directory. Or at least that is what I
did for the LAPACK setup using Intel MKL.

Also, a newer version of the boost bindings is in progress which is looking
great. I am not sure of the exact plans for atlas, but there seems to be
BLAS binding support in progress and may actually work. So depending on the
time horizon of your project, you may want to consider testing out some of
the newer BLAS bindings (if this is bad advice, I apologize to the
developers of the bindings).

As for noalias... I don't know the answer of why it wouldn't help, or how
much it possibly could help. Just to verify though... you are setting
NDEBUG as a preprocessor instruction? That could make an enormous
difference.