Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] problem regards to using boost binding library for svd in lapack under vc 9.0
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-16 05:45:26

> Thanks a lot for ur advice. Unfortunatly it doesnot work.
> And we think the problem is about "How to make binding
> lib work with lapack under Windows?".

Windows is a normal target for the bindings library and gets regular regression tests with different configurations
(VC8, VC9, with clapack-3.1.1, MKL)
(cygwin gcc-3.4.4, gcc-4.3.2, with lapack compiled by g77 or gfortran)
It's planed to ACML to this list of tested configurations.

But I'm aware that some users might have problems setting up these configurations.

> 1. Is there a place which could give a step by step guidline for how to use the binding lib with lapack under windows?

Some users had questions on how to make it work under Windows, but as you can see from the threads, the requirements of the individual users are impossible to predict:

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/ublas/2008/08/2906.php
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/ublas/2008/12/3166.php

What I could do would be to write a text on how to execute the regression tests (using bjam) with the different configurations. The interested user could then take a look at the jamfiles to find out about the compile and link options used.

> 2. Is there a version of lapack that could be directly used with boost binding lib under windows?

Do you mean something like
http://www.netlib.org/clapack/LIB_WINDOWS/prebuilt_libraries_windows.html
?

All versions of lapack I tested on win32 also worked with boost binding lib (I would have tried to fix the problem otherwise). win64 might be a different story, but I don't know.

> 3. Does somebody could share their experiences of using binding lib with lapck under windows?

Yes, here are my experiences: "It works for me."

Regards,
Thomas