Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Patch/proposal for overloading operator * in ublas
From: Hongyu Miao (jackymiao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-18 13:01:37

It looks like GLAS has done a lot of work to make the Matrix/Vector objects easy to use, which is what UBLAS really needs. I've been using UBLAS for two years and I am also using MATLAB in the mean time; anybody who has experience with both will know what I want to say, :). Really looking forward to the MATLAB-like manipulation of matrices and vectors in UBLAS.

Best,
------------------
Jacky Miao
2009-08-18

From£ºRutger ter Borg
Date£º2009-08-18 11:12:30
To£ºublas
CC£º
Subject£ºRe: [ublas] Patch/proposal for overloading operator * in ublas

Karl Meerbergen wrote:

> That is what glas uses, after a long discussion in the mailing list
> several years ago.
>
> Karl

Karl,

after all these discussions... what about if I would start stopping
reinventing the wheel, and use GLAS as a high-level "engine" for the
bindings? I see BLAS/LAPACK support is there but not as complete as it could
be. Could you bring me up to speed w.r.t. the expression engine of GLAS?

Are you considering for submission / review at some point?

If yes :-), do you have an overview of currently supported syntax /
expressions for LAPACK / generic BLAS related stuff?

Have you considered using proto?

Cheers,

Rutger