Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] New traits system
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-09 07:20:57

Jesse wrote:

> Great, I am now updated. A few things:
> * Triangular traits seem to work perfectly, except are missing an include:
> #include <boost/numeric/bindings/ublas/triangular.hpp> needs
> #include <boost/numeric/bindings/ublas/detail/basic_ublas_adaptor.hpp>"

Fixed

> * It took me a lot of head-scratching to figure out that you no longer
> include "boost/numeric/bindings/traits/ublas_matrix.hpp", but rather
> "boost/numeric/bindings/ublas/matrix.hpp"
> As both of these files exist, perhaps the older ones could forward
> ?

I wanted to keep the old traits around until they have been fully replaced.
Please consider them deprecated, just like the atlas bindings.

> * The gelsd header has repeats of the same overloads... Perhaps the
> generator has
> a bug? For example, overloads 685 and 723 are identical. When I
> commented out the overloads I wasn't using, things compiled fine.

I've updated gelsd, the most recent version shouldn't have duplicate
overloads.

Have you already checked out the new gemm? It is able to handle all cases
that we discussed a couple of months ago (passing row major gets transposed,
etc.).

Thanks,
Cheers,

Rutger