Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings][blas] Included CBLAS support
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-11 04:03:11

Thomas Klimpel wrote:

>> Or do you mean CLAPACK, or some other part?
>
> When I say "and the cblas part is definitively the bulk of them", I refer
> to the CLAPACK part of ATLAS (which is different from clapack, which is
> just the polished f2c version of lapack)

And then there's the stuff that's in CBLAS but not in BLAS. It's not that
much, the only example I can think of is set(). I propose we leave it out,
and/or provide a C++ implementation for people using the netlib blas. It's a
rather trivial function in C++, e.g., std::fill( begin(v), end(v), value );

I'll try to integrate clapack into lapack as is done with cblas/blas.

Cheers,

Rutger