Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] New traits system
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-21 12:47:41

Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> All regressions pass, except getri and gbsv.
> What about the regressions under blas?

I can update them, if you don't mind. I guess blas1.cpp will fail under some configurations because of the
BIND_FORTRAN_NO_F2C_RETURN_CONVENTIONS
stuff, but this can be sorted out later.

We should already be able to remove the old "atlas" bindings.

Next steps would be to port the umfpack and mumps bindings to the new traits system, so that the old traits stuff can be removed. I won't start this work before end of next week.

Then you proposed to restructure the atlas tests such that they can be tested against different blas / cblas, lapack / clapack backends. I also won't start this work before end of next week.

A similar idea would be to improve the glas and mtl4 bindings, and try to restructure the tests such that they can be tested against different ublas / glas / mtl4 frontends.

I wouldn't do the same for the tnt or eigen2 frontends, because I'm not sure how much of the bindings functionality they can support at all. It would certainly be interesting to see how far eigen2 can get when enough adapters are provided for it. For tnt, I wonder whether it wouldn't be better to simply remove the bindings, because tnt seems to be quite dead.

Regards,
Thomas