Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] naming for sparse matrices
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-08 04:55:01

Thomas Klimpel wrote:

> Well, if you are sure that you like it, why not.

I'm not that sure, let's look at the alternative:

* keep begin_value as is, to iterate over all values of any container. Works
for all containers using single value array, and also for the sparse stuff.
Will need some specialized iterators (if ever) for mapped sparse stuff.

* begin_major_first_nonzero? (I don't like start here).. or something else?
  begin_minor_index: I like this one, as you describe (or
begin_index_minor)?

* begin_tuple, end_tuple. Used for mapped sparse stuff (coordinate stuff),
nice in combination with some specialized iterators for other data
structures.

* begin_diag_main, begin_diag_super, begin_diag_sub?

Speaking of sparse: I see a multi_index type sparse container is not used
anywhere, this would be ideal. O(log(N)) access in case of a ordering, or
even the expectation of O(1) access in case of a double hash...

Cheers,

Rutger