Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Numeric traits for ublas bounded_vector and matrix
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-23 06:55:15

Rutger ter Borg <rutger <at> terborg.net> writes:
> Isn't some of the information you're after identical to
> has_static_stride<T>? I.e., I guess has_static_stride<T> is identical to
> has_bounded_linear_array<T> or something like that.
(one caveat, I am working mostly with vectors in my current code).

I think that may work for matrices, but not for vectors. In the traits
associated with vector vs. bounded_vector I don't see any place to get an int_<>?

> Then, you can misuse containers having static strides all you want ...
> but I would recommend doing stuff correct/strict the first time. Perhaps
> proposing a static_matrix and static_vector to ublas would be the way (if
> you want to stick to boost/ublas for your container needs)?

Yes. If ublas is going to keep evolving then we definitely need those types.

But now that you have successfully proven I have been misusing ublas
containers for the last year, I might be stuck until we see how eigen3 turns out.

-Jesse