Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Is coordinate_matrixelement assignment/insertion broken in 1.42?
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-01 20:54:01

Jesse Perla wrote:
> But I am having trouble tracking down... any ideas on this?

Well, some swap functions in ublas/storage.hpp take their arguments by value, and MSVC2010 (took me forever to install MSVC2010beta2, my machine rebooted 3 times) is lucky enough to find those broken swap functions, but miss the better and faster iter_swap function.

I created a patch (see attachment) and a ticket for this (I can't imagine how a swap function taking its arguments by value could possibly work correctly, but I guess it's just missing imagination):

Regards,
Thomas