Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] examples needed
From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-05 02:29:17

I have one that could show a complete implementation of an algorithm and
that would be useful. But it needs serious work before being published on
the web site, like writing more comments, removing my "special"
optimizations, etc...

Oh nothing amazing in the algorithm: it's an implementation of a classical
Newton-Raphson algorithm for fitting a logistic model in IR^n with a maximum
likelihood.
But it uses noalias, tranposition, multiplication, square and non square
matrices, inversion (which can be done through other librairies with the
bindings), etc... With a few examples on how to use it, it can make a nice
tutorial overall. I can even provide the web pages. Maths behind it are very
simple: you draw a line tangent to a smooth curve, you follow it, and you
start again until convergence :-D Well, it's more or less the idea.

Will work on it and be back with a full doc on that as soon as possible if
that's ok for the documentation.

David