Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] How to solve systems of linear equations?
From: Jörn Ungermann (j.ungermann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-10 03:10:13

Hi Rui,

uBLAS is intended to be a BLAS implementation, which does not offer much
with respect to equation solving. There is some code for LU
decomposition and there exists some code on the website below
implementing a Cholesky decomposition, but if your require good
performance, you should have a look at using bindings to bind ATLAS or
LAPACK and use their functions to operate efficiently on uBLAS matrices.
The link below gives some information:
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Linear_Algebra_With_UBLAS
I assume your matrices are dense, because otherwise a completely
different route should be taken.

Regards,
Jörn

--