Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Does uBLAS work with dd_real and qd_real ?
From: Nasos Iliopoulos (nasos_i_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 07:27:15

Hi Paul,
I have used ublas in the past with GNU multi precision library through the C++ class based interface and did not have any troubles, although I did not test it extensively. The only downside is the dramatic speed decrease that after all you cannot avoid with multi-prec. arithmetic.

On the other hand I don't find why uBlas should have trouble, since it just requires appropriate numeric semantics. If a type library is not implementing those properly you may be getting problems like you mention (although I believe it is difficult to be the case).

Here is a long shot: there is the possibility that qq_real classes
require some aligned memory access that afaik is not supported by ublas
containers, but I think this may be something worth considering in the
future having in mind the hype with GPUs and vectorization of
algorithms.

I am not aware of any ready-implemented tests that would allow you to infiltrate through the problem you describe. I guess some exhaustive debuging on small matrices (like 2x2 or 3x3) could be the only way. If you could post an example I might be able to test it.

Best
Nasos