Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Assignement operation proposal.
From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 03:38:07

Hi Nasos,

the implementation looks very promising. A few quick thoughts before going
to work today:

> "automatic" choice seems to be dangerous to me.)

it is kind of dangerous but this is what most of the people expect. Maybe
another "marker" could help but it means overloading 2 operators, like for
example mat << 1 ,2 ,3 % 12,14,16 % 33,44,55; So that the code will not be
too much verbose.
If I remember the operator & is used in LateX to separate lines in array ?
(don't remember exactly). But that would be a "common" sign for users. I'm
always in favour of simple writings when developing numerical code.
That's all cosmetic of course: you can even think about wrting stuffs like
mat =
1 | 2 | 3 ||
6 | 5 | 4 ||
7 | 8 | 9;

[?]

> - Where do you think this should be added? As a separate header file, or
included in vector_ and matrix_ expression headers?

Better to have this function attached directly to vector_ and matrix_. One
thinks about its immediate availability when programming.

I will need some examples to write the documentation to all of that too and
include it with the one I'm writing right now.
Anyway, that all sounds very good and nice.
Thanks.

David

--
David Bellot, PhD