Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Question on ublas performance (resending as subscriber).
From: Sunil Thomas (sgthomas27_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-21 16:51:56

Hi Jorn,

Your answer correctly identified the problem. It appears for my problem,
mapped_matrix is a
much better (by factor of 110), if not the best choice as far as assembling
goes. It also hasn't
hurt traversal that badly, it appears

In the link you attached (thank you!), the author uses something called
"sparse_matrix" in
boost::numeric::ublas - does this even exist? Atleast in version 1.34, it
gives me a compile
error, saying no sparse_matrix type exists in boost::numeric::ublas (it was
the first thing I
tested before going for mapped_matrix) and the documentation online doesn't
mention
sparse_matrix as a type of sparse storage at all.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all of your help!

Regards,
Sunil.