Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Element-wise operations are really slow
From: Rui Maciel (rui.maciel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-21 17:57:59

On 21 April 2010 22:47, xiss burg <xissburg_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Ok, after trying out A LOT of different approaches to do this, using all
> kinds of ublas matrices, etc...I got the same, super poor performance. From
> all my experiments its possible to clearly see now that cache is not an
> issue. Now, after trying so much, I am completely hopeless I'll get to make
> it work as I want. My only choice now is to give up on ublas and try
> something else, perhaps implementing my own basic Matrix classes.
>
> Thanks for the help guys.

Before diving into the task of writing your own matrix library, could
you take a look at eigen[1]? It appears that it runs circles around
ublas at least in terms of performance[2]

Hope this helps,
Rui Maciel

[1] http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
[2] http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Benchmark-August2008