Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Element-wise operations are really slow
From: xiss burg (xissburg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-25 01:50:19

Here goes a sample code <http://codepad.org/GQCtdyuX> which performs pretty
much the same operations that are performed in the main code, also with the
same kind of access patterns. It is much faster than my code (around x10+
faster), probably because everything is very well aligned in contiguous
blocks of memory like the element stiffness matrices and indices, which
again suggests I have cache issues. Then my only hope now is to try a new
data structure design where all these data which is used in that section of
the code is contained in contiguous blocks of memory, something more cache
friendly.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,