Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] LAPACK/BLAS bindings
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-07 05:01:23

Peter Man wrote:
> I would be extremely grateful for a swift response!!

A swift response is easy, as long as you don't expect me to quickly solve the reported issues.

The errors you get from including <boost/numeric/bindings/lapack.hpp> are expected.

> > What version of ATLAS are you using?

You didn't answer this question.

But I will not try again to reproduce it now, but only tonight.

> However, if I then define BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_LAPACK_CLAPACK, then I
> reproduce my runtime error.

Well, this is expected, as only in this case the getri routine from atlas is used. As the problems seems to be that the workspace query returns a smaller than expected number, it is no surprise that the problem disappears as soon as you ask lapack instead of atlas for the size of the workspace.

Regards,
Thomas