Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Eigenvalues & -vectors
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-04 14:11:01

Marco Guazzone wrote:
> not sure but (seeing the number of errors) I think Philipp has my same problem.
> [snip]
> Still waiting for an answer :(

Sorry, I no longer monitor the boost user list. If any of you still monitors the boost user list, please redirect any requests regarding ublas or the bindings to this ublas mailing list (that's what I also did when I was still monitoring it).

Inclusion of "bindings/lapack.hpp" doesn't work yet. I tried to clean up "bindings/lapack/driver.hpp" recently, but "bindings/lapack/computational.hpp" and "bindings/lapack/auxiliary.hpp" are definitively not clean yet. Your best bet right now is to directly include the header of the lapack routine you want to use. This is "bindings/lapack/driver/syev.hpp" in case of Philipp, as he wants to compute the eigenvalues of a symmetric matrix.

Phillip wrote:
> I've found the header eigen/matrix.hpp but how can I use them?

This folder "bindings/eigen" contains the bindings for the eigen C++ library: <http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Main_Page>. The bindings for the lapack fortran library are in the folder "bindings/lapack". Hope that helps.

Regards,
Thomas