Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] Which Bindings should I direct my users to? Boost proper?
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-14 07:43:59

Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> > I think, using the release branch is a good compromise
> > [snip]
>
> Alright, let's use the latest released version to generate the docs.

Ok. (I interpret your answer in the sense that we use the really released version [=1.43 at the moment] and not the release branch, which would have been a compromise.)

> Ok, then I guess I prefer StridedVector (in line with e.g.,
> glas/StridedVectorCollection) and Vector (in line with the STL one) the
> most. Would you like me to apply the necessary changes to the
> generator?

OK, so the new name is "StridedVector". I wouldn't object if you applied the necessary changes to the generator, but I think I would also be able to figure out how to do it.

> > And I have to admit that I have no experience at all with web space.
>
> We could just open a sourceforge page, and upload the docs there.
> Perhaps the easiest most economic solution.

Don't ask me, I have no experience at all here.

> > Thanks. Sorry for taking so long to answer.
> >

> Same here. Have been away for a couple of weeks, but I'm still very
> preoccupied at the moment. I will try to find some time to work on the
> bindings.

Don't hurry yourself. The truth is that I still have some changes to "tools/documentation.py" that don't work well enough yet to check them in, but I don't want to lose them either.

> > In the meantime, I addressed the "- fix clapack routines (no
> workspace)"
> > and the "- fix gbtrf/gbtrs, gbsv (banded solve)" issue.
>
> Great. I'll try to post some results on the interleave stuff.

Great.

Regards,
Thomas