Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] todo list
From: Marco Guazzone (marco.guazzone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-24 04:54:18

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 10:21 AM, David Bellot <david.bellot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've compiled a draft TODO list based on all emails and threads from the
> mailing list. It is located at http://ublas.sourceforge.net
> Please comment

Hi David,

Good job!
IMHO uBLAS lacks many functionalities to make it a general-purpose
linear algebra lib, and I'm very happy to see them now in TODO :)

Two simple questions:

"# vector/matrix ew_op scalar: elements wise arithmetics operations"
What does it mean? Maybe, aggregator functions like sum(.), which sum
of elements of a vector/matrix expression?

# SVD, Cholesky, LU, QR, Shur
Do you think this should be written from scratch or maybe using
existent solvers like the one provided by LAPACK (possibly using the
boost::numeric::bindings lib)?

Thank you very much

Cheers,

-- Marco