Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings][lapack] Error handling
From: Marco Guazzone (marco.guazzone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-27 06:19:06

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Rutger ter Borg <rutger_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> looking at the lange case, I am wondering what would be your preferred way
> of handling LAPACK's info parameter?
>
> 1) as a return type
> 2) pass it as the last parameter / argument
> 3) like 2, but then using boost::system_error
> 4) using exceptions
> 5) some of the above, may be configured using a Policy

Hello!

I have not a strong opinion.
To me, #1 is rather good.

Also using C++ exceptions is OK but those should resemble system_error
in order to allow one get the error (info) code since for a same
LAPACK function INFO can assume different value according to the
error. Anyway system_error is maybe too detailed (e.g., I don't care
of error_category).

Cheers,

-- Marco