Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] ViennaCL 1.1.0 out now
From: Karl Rupp (rupp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-24 05:31:20

Dear ublas-users,

first for the most important thing: Merry Christmas! :-)

And now for the Christmas present: ;-)
For the number crunchers among the ublas-users I would like to draw the
attention to the new ViennaCL 1.1.0 release, which has now full BLAS
level 1, level 2 and level 3 support. In particular, the performance
gain for matrix-matrix products when using mid- to high-end GPUs over
the standard ublas-implementation is pretty impressive and is somewhere
between one and two orders of magnitude.

Again, I wish to emphasize that ViennaCL should be seen as a
number-crunching extension to ublas (somewhat similar to the
ublas-bindings), and not as a replacement. Even if you are not into GPU
or multi-core CPU computing, you can still use the iterative solvers
included in ViennaCL directly with ublas types.

URLs:
http://viennacl.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/viennacl/

Best regards and have a good time,