Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] prod function usage
From: Umut Tabak (u.tabak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-20 09:33:24

On 05/20/2011 02:46 PM, Ungermann, Jörn wrote:
> If you use, e.g., push_back for the construction,
> you can wreak some havoc with its internal data structure.

Dear Jorn, Thanks for the suggestions.

The point is that I can not use any of the functions that are related to
the compressed_matrix, for instance the template header is sth like this

template < class Mat_Sparse,
            class Mat_Dense, class Vector >
int lanczos( Mat_Sparse& A,
              Mat_Sparse& B,
              const double shift,
              Vector &lambda,
              Mat_Dense& modal_matrix,
              const double upper_bound_on_frequency,
              const double rTol = 1e-6,
              const int lower_iteration_limit = 40 )

And I call this from the code as

lanczos( Kss, Mss, 10, lambda, Phi_str, 500 );

where Kss and Mss are compressed_matrix<double>, I get a segfault from
the axpy_prod(Mss, q, Mq) from the template.

Defining a code, just for a test, outside of the template like,

   int sz = Mss.size1();
   cout << sz << endl;
   boost::numeric::ublas::vector<double> q(sz);
   for(int k=0; k!=sz;++k)
     q(k) = 1.0;
   boost::numeric::ublas::vector<double> Mq(sz);
   axpy_prod(Mss, q, Mq);

goes through without problems, I could not understand what is going on
in the template function. Very strange, most probably there is a stupid
mistake somewhere which I can not see the reason.

Best regards and thx.

Umut

--
If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good,
I am satisfied.