Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] Accessing the indices of non-zero elements in a UBLAS sparse vector
From: Umut Tabak (u.tabak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-21 13:02:42

On 09/21/2011 07:02 PM, Tarek Elsayed wrote:
> Thanks Oswin,
> I think this should be included in the documentation, (See here
> <http://stackoverflow.com/q/7501996/894755>). Beginners like me can't
> find this easily.
> I didn't understand your note about const_iterator.
Hi, well I am not advertising gmm++ which is the matrix library of
getfem and independently reachable.

It might also be used as a substitute for ublas since I did some
matrix-vector tests today, and it is at least 2 times faster than ublas
with g++ and -O3 flag where ublas DNDEBUG is also turned on. Besides,
write operations seem to go faster than ublas. Ublas is a nice option
but if you are new to matrix computations, also consider taking a look
at gmm++ which I did meet late :)

  it is also pretty good documented and I am recently starting to use
that but I am amazed with the speed you can build applications. With
ublas this was not the case, you have to dig down a lot in the class
documentations.

Best regards and HTH,
Umut