Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] Numeric Bindings to LAPACK on x64
From: Michael Baumgart (michi-baumgart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-24 11:58:51

Hello uBlas-User,

I'm currently writing a 64bit application using uBlas (1.48.0) and the
numeric bindings (20081116) with LAPACK from
http://icl.cs.utk.edu/lapack-for-windows/lapack/#libraries_mingw

For now, I'm compiling with MSVC 10 and I get loads of warnings like the
following:
<pathtoboost>\boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/ilaenv.hpp(34) : warning
C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

This is quite clear to me, as all size members of ublas types are size_t
(=unsigned _int64), while the binding interface bases on int (32bit) types.
Although my code runs so far, I'm afraid to run into trouble sometime.

Is there a way to correctly handle the x64 case with uBlas and the
numeric bindings?

Regards
Michael