Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [BLAS bindings] help appreciated on using trmv and gbmv
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-07 15:11:39

On 2012-10-07 19:03, Florent Teichteil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> OK, the previous code works: I get R1==R2. But not if I change the
> storage to row_major. I can understand it, since BLAS requires
> column_major storage, so the bindings API should prevent from using
> row_storage by producing a compilation error, which it doesn't.

If you use a backend that supports row major (e.g., ATLAS), the bindings
will have no problem with matrices in row_major format. If you pass a
row_major matrix to an implementation that does not support row_major,
the bindings automatically tries to pass it as a transposed column_major
matrix.

In short: whenever possible, row_major is supported by the bindings.

Cheers,

Rutger