Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] VS2012 inconsistent Debug/Release results with lu_substitute() 1.55 & 1.52
From: tidswell (tidswell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-20 07:53:32

Folx,
ublas is not my specialty, so apologies if Ive done something silly, but
as I get different results with Debug & Release builds on identical
code, I think there is a problem in ublas's interaction with Visual
Studio 2012.
[There may also be problems in my code, but I think its simple enough
that I expect consistent answers (I view consistently wrong as better
than inconsistent). ]

MS Windows 7
Visual Studio 2012
Boost 1.55 or 1.52 (I think also earlier, but I didnt go back that far
to test)

Simple usage of Fredrik Orderud's LU decompisition matrix inversion
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?LU_Matrix_Inversion

I've disabled _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS because its not standard C++.

Ive disabled BOOST_UBLAS_TYPE_CHECK because I wanted to check with error
control flow caused differences.

Any guidance on why the results are inconsistent ?

thanks,
- JT