Subject: (no subject)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 05:04:33 EDT

I am trying to build and install boost libary on a laptop with  OS Windows XP 
and Visual Studio.net and I am not sure its working as I  am getting the 
following messages.  

C:\temp\boost_1_32_0>bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1"  install
---------------------------------------------------------------------
skipping  Boost.Python library build due to missing or incorrect configuration
 
couldn't find Python.h in "c:/tools/python/include"
 
You can configure the location of your python installation by  setting:
PYTHON_ROOT    - currently  "c:/tools/python"
PYTHON_VERSION - The 2-part python Major.Minor version  number  (e.g.
"2.2", NOT "2.2.1")  - currently "2.2"
 
The following are automatically configured from PYTHON_ROOT if  not
otherwise set:
 
    PYTHON_LIB_PATH       -  path to Python library object;  currently
"c:/tools/python/libs"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jamfile:247:  in load-jamfiles
*** argument error
* rule stage ( name : sources + :  requirements * : local-build * )
* called with: ( include/boost-1_32 :   : <locate>C:\Boost 
<tree-subdirs>C:\temp\
boost_1_32_0  <target>install :  )
* missing argument  sources
C:\temp\boost_1_32_0\tools/build/v1\boost-base.jam:2306:see  definition of 
rule '
stage' being  called
C:\temp\boost_1_32_0\tools\build\v1\bootstrap.jam:21: in  boost-build
C:\temp\boost_1_32_0\boost-build.jam:16: in module scope
 
C:\temp\boost_1_32_0>

Regards
 
Theo