Subject: RE: boost build for Windows
From: "Kent, Thomas M" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:47:16 -0500

I just happened to be browsing the boost list, and noticed your
question.  I just spent a while yesterday figuring out what you are
trying to do.  It's unfortunate that bjam isn't documented better.  

Here's the command I run to do my build
C:\temp\boost\boost-jam-3.1.16-1-ntx86\bjam.exe toolset=msvc-7.1
variant=debug threading=multi link=shared runtime-link=shared
--stagedir=stage-vc71-mt-gd-dll stage

>From this example you should be able to change the variables easily to
get your build working.

toolset - msvc-7.1, msvc-8.0, or msvc-9.0 depending on what you're using
variant - debug or release
threading - multi or single (do you want to use the multi or single
thread version of the Standard C++ libraries)
link - static or shared (do you want the library to be built into a .lib
or a .dll)
runtime-link - static or shared (do you want to use the statically
linked or shared version of the Standard C++ libraries)

The options I used are visual studio's equivalent to building a .dll
with your projects Runtime Library set to Multi-threaded Debug DLL
(/MDd).  

Since I'm not a member of the boost list that you posted your question
to, could you please be so kind as to forward this back to the list for
everyone to see. 

Thanks,
Tom

-----------------------------------------------
Thomas Kent
314-234-2249
Defense Simulation Engineering
Center for Integrated Defense Simulation
Integrated Defense Systems
The Boeing Company