Subject: [Boost C++ Libraries] #979: ::boost::detail::empty_base could be improved
From: "Boost C++ Libraries" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 04:32:20 -0000

#979: ::boost::detail::empty_base could be improved
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Type:  Bugs            
   Status:  new                |   Milestone:  Boost 1.34.1    
Component:  iterator           |     Version:  release 1.34.0  
 Severity:  Problem            |    Keywords:  operator library
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 The empty base class used by the operators library will not actually be
 empty if you have a class inheriting from operators and the first member
 also inherits from operators - the work around is to have an empty_base<T>
 to ensure a unique type - so you end up with:

 class my_class : equality_comparable<my_class, my_class,
 empty_base<my_class> >
 { ...

 Kind of gross - such a base could be included directly in the operator
 library.

 Sean

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/979>
Boost C++ Libraries <http://www.boost.org/>
Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries.