Subject: Community Choice Awards: Finalist Notification
From: Ross Turk <[email-masked]>
To: Ross David Turk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:20:28 -0700

Hi!  We have just finished tallying the nominations for our fourth
annual SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards, and I have some news
for you.

Your project, Boost C++ Libraries, has been selected as an alternate
finalist in Best Tool or Utility for Developers.

Being an alternate means that you didn't have enough nominations to be
a finalist, but you were really, *really* close.  If one of our
finalists declines to accept their nomination, we may need you to fill
in!

This year, we want our voters to know as much as possible about your
project...but we need your help!  Please respond to this email with the
following info before June 17th:

1. Complete this sentence in about 140 characters: "Our project is
[-foo-]."  For example, "Our project is a tool that helps you wash your
car."

2. Complete this sentence, also in about 140 characters: "We should win
because [-bar-]."  For example, "We should win because we have a strong
community and we solve a universal problem."

3. Please provide a logo (or screenshot, if you'd prefer) for your
project.  It should be at least 640x480, but we'll also be showing it
as a thumbnail.

4. This one is optional, but it could make a big difference.  We'd like
to show our voters a video that introduces them to the core members of
your team.  Send along the URL (on YouTube) and we'll make sure they
see it!

5. In some cases, I'm mailing several people in your community because
I don't know who the right person is.  If you're not the right person
for me to be dealing with, please let me know.	I certainly don't want
to be irritating.

6. Our finalists are usually pretty interesting people.  Are you
willing to be contacted by our public relations team about interviews
with the press?

Thanks in advance for your responses.  It's very important that we
receive this information by June 17th - we'll be kicking off the final
vote on the 22nd, and we have to have time to put everything together.

Congratulations on having such a dedicated community, and best of luck!

Ross Turk
Director of Community, SourceForge