Boost Announcement :
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-11 15:40:51
Boost Version 1.29.0 has been released. See www.boost.org.
This is a major release, with five new libraries added and major revisions
to several existing libraries:
* Date-Time Library added - Dates, times, leap seconds, infinity, and more,
from Jeff Garland.
* Dynamic Bitset added - A runtime sized version of the std::bitset class
from Jeremy Siek and Chuck Allison.
* Format Library added - Type-safe 'printf-like' format operations, from
* Function Library: Major syntactic changes have been made. Some old syntax
and little-used features have been deprecated (and will be removed
shortly), and the syntax for the boost::function class template has been
greatly improved on conforming compilers. Please see the compatibility note
for more information.
* Multi-array Library added - Multidimensional containers and adaptors for
arrays of contiguous data, from Ron Garcia.
* Preprocessor Library: Major upgrade, from Paul Mensonides.
* Python Library - Version 2 is released, from Dave Abrahams and others.
This is a major rewrite which works on many more compilers and platforms,
with a completely new interface and lots of new features. Boost.Python v2
requires Python 2.2 or later.
* Signals Library added - Managed signals & slots callback implementation,
from Doug Gregor.
* Test Library: Major new version, including full unit test capabilities,
from Gennadiy Rozental.
* uBLAS Library added - Basic linear algebra for dense, packed and sparse
matrices, from Joerg Walter and Mathias Koch.
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk