Boost Announcement :
From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-07 16:02:24
The review of enable_if submitted Jaakko Järvi & Jeremiah Willcock &
Andrew Lumsdaine starts today and runs through Sunday, October 12.
From the introduction:
"The enable_if family of templates is a set of tools to allow a function
template or a class template specialization to include or exclude itself
from a set of matching functions or specializations based on properties
of its template arguments. For example, one can define function
templates that are only enabled for, and thus only match, an arbitrary
set of types defined by a traits class"
This is going to be a fatstrack review. Fasttrack reviews have been
introduced as a lightweight process in order to ease the acceptance of
small utilities. I've put a more detailed description at the end of this
When reviewing the library, please remember to include:
* What is your evaluation of the design?
* What is your evaluation of the implementation?
* What is your evaluation of the documentation?
* Does the utility fit your needs as a library author/user
And finally, every review should answer this question:
* Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
The implementation can be found in the boost-sandbox the respective
Archives can be found at the following location:
Furthermore the archives can be found in the yahoogroups file section under:
Only the sandbox version carries a boost compatible license. This is
to avoid the repackaging effort. The final version will carry the boost
license as the files in the sandbox do. So the license is a non-issue as
far as this review goes.
About Fasttrack Review
What components qualify for a fasttrack review
- The technique must be already in use in boost libraries
thus the new component provides a common implementation
- The component must be small
- A full boost-conformant implementation is available in the sandbox
- The Boost Review Wizard posts a review announcement to the list.
Review period should last for 5 days. No two fasttrack review should
run in parallel. Fasttrack reviews may run during full reviews, though
generally this should be avoided.
- After the review period ended, the submitter will post a review
summary containing planned changes to the current implementation.
- After applying all changes, the component will be checked in to cvs
by the submitter.
Boost Review Wizard
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk