Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

From: Hartmut Kaiser (HartmutKaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-01 06:50:22

Hi all,

after working through the pile of mails submitted for the review of the
Collection Traits Library from Thorsten Ottosen, it is obvious, that it is
ACCEPTED to Boost. All of the reviewes voted YES to include the library.

Congratulations Thorsten!

Most of the issues brought up during the review (mainly documentation
nitpicks) were resolved already by Thorsten (or Thorsten agreed to fix
them).

Here are the open ones:

1) There were some discussions, whether the library should be renamed and/or
incorporated with other ongoing efforts. There was no definitive consensus,
how to achieve this.

But the discussions showed that it seems to be good, if the collection
traits library could be integrated with other libraries, existing and
currently developed, to make it a part of a future Boost.Range library. I'm
sure, that we'll see a lot of corresponding discussions in the future.

2) The strong requirement that end() should have constant complexity rules
out the integration of C-strings into the library. Additionally special
threatment of char[] arrays is needed, so they behave in the same way as
their char* conterparts. The problem, that end(char[]) pointed to the byte
after the '\0' was corrected already.

Regards Hartmut
Review Manager

Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk